· Facilitate acquisition, preservation, arrangement, description, and access to born-digital materials.
· Create heritage research files relevant to business objectives.
· Assist staff, researchers, and interns interested in accessing the Archives.
· Appraise the materials, determine preservation and conservation issues, and determine best practice for resolving issues.
· Complete organization, preservation, and description of the collection.
. Maintain and update archival database.
|Knowledge||· Analytical skills: able to determine the origin, importance, and condition of materials so you can decide which items to preserve.
· Reading comprehension: able to understand written documents.
· Computer literacy: This includes accessing databases and other electronic document management tools.
|Education / Certifications||· Graduate degree and /or Master’s degree in library science, records management or in archival science.|
|Experience||· 3 to 5 years of previous experience in Archives Management|
|Personal Attributes||· Methodical and logical
· Organized, with excellent administrative skills
· Able to work in a team
· Able to relate well to a wide range of users
· Excellent verbal Communicator
· Able to carry out independent research
· Forward-thinking, with an ability to anticipate and prepare for changing uses of archived information
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role
· Development and implementation of archival procedures.
· Putting in place the archives tools of management. (Conservation Schedule, Classification plan, Database, etc.)
· Monitoring the development of semi-active archives transfer schedules in accordance with archives management tools and the bank’s archival procedures manual.
· Ensuring the sorting and collection of documents to be transferred to the bank’s archiving premises.
· Checking the reception and classification of transferred documents.
· Carrying out and controlling the application of the operating plans for equipment and spaces reserved for archives.
· Ensuring the good management and maintenance of the Bank’s archival database (computer entry, edition of transfer slip, edition of the communication of documents statements ….)
· Updating the inventory of documents and archives of the bank.
· Controlling the identification of deleted documents.
· Coordinating the validation of the elimination operation with the production units.
· Monitoring the completion of the operation to eliminate the prescribed documents.
· Studying the opportunities for the acquisition of materials and equipment.
· Studying the rental opportunities for archives.
· Recording communication operations.
· Returning the documents to the shelves after the communication operations.